I constantly need to remind myself to not compare myself to the world. Once I start that it's all downhill from there. My thought process starts to be like this: "Oh. My. Word. I don't remember *ever* screaming at any of my siblings or my parents, most everybody does that every day." instead of: "God never gets frustrated with me; that's how I'm suppose to be towards all the people I interact with."
Sometimes we need to hear the things that fill us with shame. Like: "Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."
Read that again. Think about it.
Those are God's expectations.
"Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you."
"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind."
"Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again."
" But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves."
Why do I so easily forget the nature of God, and apply it to myself? I mean, He actually does all this stuff, it's not just empty talk. And this is what I am working toward too.
And understand that all this isn't meant to depress you all or anything. Because I know I look at these verses and go "Wow...heh...um, help?" but God wants this of us because it will make our life soooo much better. Yep. And He's constantly rooting for us and helping us along. He's not there just waiting for us to mess up so He can tell us how often we disappoint Him.
Always press forward <3
No comments:
Post a Comment