Do not be afraid to feel.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Questions

I wander around at night and look at the stars. I wish they could answer all these questions...
 Questions seem to scream at me from every side, it makes me confused. No longer are my thoughts rational there is too much blur, it seems like it would be impossible to collect my thoughts right now so I let them free. How strange they are, like something ancient that has been hidden over the ages and is restless to be uncovered. I never realized that such strange and fearsome thoughts had been stored up inside me. They tire me out after awhile and I make them go away.  I'm back to the questions again, they start to make me angry at myself, I don't want to let them in, but I do. I realize suddenly that they are important, they teach me that I do not know everything. Blocking them out would be dangerous, I might start to doubt their existence, and then where would we be? I could trick myself into thinking that I have all the answers...

 My mind has gotten tired from fighting itself and making little sense, as I lay down and sleep starts to overcome me I hear a whisper. It says "My child, you don't need the answers. Little one, trust that I have them."  The thought brings me peace, I let it into my heart.
 My last thoughts are crucial. I realize that I have uncovered a small part of the beauty in Christianity by acknowledging the reality of questions, while being at peace with not having most of the answers.
Someday they will be answered....

No comments:

Post a Comment