14. My family
I could write about my wonderful family for ages. But...I don't have time for that right now :) Seriously though, my family is amazing. Sure we have our downs, and we don't get everything right by any means, but that's one of the beautiful things about humans. We all love each other very much and try our best to work together.
15. Gorgeous Kansas sunsets.
The other day...wow. We were driving to our grandparents house and I saw the sunset and had to drive back to the house and get my (amazingly gifted) sister to take a picture of the gorgeous sunset. And it's not uncommon to see those out here. They are sooooo beautiful and they take my breath away. I just realized today how blessed I am to live out on a farm. The experiences that I have every day are things normal people would remember for their whole lives. And I just look at it as part of life. I drive past the huge, open fields with no civilization in sight and don't even think about it. I find myself in the middle of 50+ cows and it's every day life. I walk down to the spring at our house and dip my feet in it, and forget that I did it the next day. I mount my beautiful horse and go running through the fields and it doesn't make my heart go up in my stomach or make me want to ride up the tallest hill and sing God's glory anymore. I need to stop and think about how blessed I am more often.
No comments:
Post a Comment