7. Life
It is truly amazing. And I have been thinking about the idea that God made us not only to live our lives for Him, but to fully enjoy doing it. Here's the thing: we, all of us, are so abundantly blessed, and we can either choose to realize that and take full advantage of God's blessings, or we can deny it and live our lives in depression and hate. Yes, even Christians deny God's grace, and make living a whole lot more complicated and hard then it should be. Right now I'm trying ever so hard to choose life, love, laughter. I encourage anyone reading this to at least try it, it's so much better.
8. Knowing God
Sure, I don't know Him as well as I desire to, but my journey to know God has been the most amazing, fulfilling, fruitful, joyful thing I have ever experienced. And the greatest thing about this is that He, the God of the universe, has actually been hurting for me, loving me and gently pulling me toward Him when I tried to push Him away every chance I got. Not only do I have the privilege of knowing Him, I have the (what can I call it??) explicit joy of knowing that He has known and cared for me before I existed. I have never understood why He did what He did for me, but I'll tell you one thing, it makes me want to sing for joy! Loving life and being happy is so much easier when you accept God's blessings and keep trying to know Him better.
No comments:
Post a Comment